Who are we?

 

The leadership of the Meon Valley Methodist Circuit

 

Superintendent Minister | Revd David Moss

Pioneer Connexion Missioner |  To be announced

Circuit Stewards | Derek Morgan | Stephen Freemantle | Rosie Pye

Circuit Treasurer | Dennis Gamblin

Circuit Administrator | Margaret Hunt

 

Who are Methodists? Click here to find out more

 

Our Mission Statement

 ‘Empowered by the Holy Spirit,

to deepen the spiritual life of our fellowships

and to encourage everyone to share the gospel’

 

History of the Circuit

 

 

The Circuit was renamed Meon Valley Methodist Circuit in 2000 prior to that it was the Droxford Methodist Circuit.

 

The Droxford Methodist Circuit was formerly the Droxford Primitive methodist Circuit formed in 1892. It succeeded the Hambledon branch, which had since 1885 operated for all practical purposes as a circuit within the Brinkworth District.

 

Chapels within this circuit (all Primitive Methodist) were established:

 

  • Worlds End (1862 to 1900)
  • Swanmore (1862)
  • Hambledon (1864)
  • Shirrell Heath (1864),
  • Meonstoke (1865 to 1962)
  • Waltham Chase (1870)
  • Warnford (1872)
  • Droxford (1886)
  • Bishops Waltham (1910) Although the Bishops Waltham Church was only built in 1910, there had previously been a society there, occupying rented rooms
  • West Meon (1922 to 1990)
  • Curdridge (1925 to 2004)
  • Soberton (1868 to 2009) was transferred from the Winchester West circuit in 1936 and was formerly a United Methodist Church